Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So many others!

Wow, I think I could have written more yesterday, but I got a bit too emotional. I went shopping last night with my best friend and we were talking about my new endeavour. While talking I realized that there are so many people affected by cancer. I'm not sure I know anyone in my circle of friends, colleagues, and other passers-by that haven't been affected by this disease in some form or another. So, I have decided to keep a list of those I know who have passed or are currently suffering from cancer. As I raise money, train, and continue to update this blog, I will constantly be reminded of who I'm doing this for.

For my family, and my best friend Dawn....

In Memory of:
Sandra Ann Dixon - pancreatic/liver cancer; my mother
Spring Thorpe - breast cancer; my mother's sister
Ron Pankuch - lymphoma; my uncle

Marion McCord - breast cancer; Dawn's grandmother
Minnie Camacho - lung cancer; Dawn's grandmother
John Camacho Sr. - prostate cancer; Dawn's grandfather
Danielle Camacho - bone cancer; Dawn's cousin

Dr. Arthur James - colon/brain/lung cancer; professor of economics Texas A&M University, Galveston

If anyone wants me to add someone to my list, email me!

No comments: