Friday, October 5, 2007

No more rides before the 14th!

I turned my bike in to the shop for an overhaul last night. This means only one thing, if I can't do this ride by now, there's no chance for additional training. The ol' ride needs some work though, so this will benefit not only the well being of my bike, but me as well. Hopefully when I'm cranking away on the pedals come next Sunday, the chain will not fall off and my gears will not slip. (which has been happening lately) She's a bit dirty too. Part of the ride I did this past Monday was on gravel. That old ranch road in Medina wasn't paved for a few miles and I wish I would had been on a mountain bike with shocks and knobby tires. So, all that said, come next week, I'll get her back with shiny components, a new chain, and a good washin'. Amen....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo,
Wish you lots o'luck on the ride! To bad you dont live alittle closer, I do the cheapest tuneups in the country...LOL :)
Take care, Len