Friday, June 8, 2007

I have some work to do!

Alright, I haven’t written in over a week now, but I do have some reasons. One, my computer at home is unplugged and packed away while I’m remodeling the bedroom where it usually lives. Two, I’m remodeling a bedroom.... three, I’ve been busy with other things during the day that haven’t left me with too much idol time. So there you have it. Training, well, I have been exercising regularly, but I have been bad when it comes to actually riding on the weekends. I got a reminder of why I have to get into gear and start cranking out the miles today in my email. The routes for the LiveStrong Challenge have been decided and it’s going to be a tough one. Read below:

Austin:
The 2007 LIVESTRONG Challenge Austin will see the ride move out west to start and finish in Dripping Springs, Lance Armstrong's training grounds. Dripping Springs is a quiet, picturesque community 20 miles from the Austin city limits and is commonly referred to as the 'Gateway to the Hill Country'. Dripping Springs terrain lends itself to any cyclist who wants to enjoy a quiet, challenging ride that encompasses everything the Hill Country is known for: Texas Ranches, rolling hills, riverfront views, whitetail deer and quintessential Texas Longhorns.

The course departs out of Dripping Springs High School, and the beauty of the ride is immediately evident. The 70 and 100-mile courses head southeast towards the quaint town of Wimberley nestled along the Blanco River where the shaded roads and riverfront view is the ideal place for riding. 100-mile riders then head due west towards the town of Fisher and northwest traversing the town of Blanco. The course then turns back towards Dripping Springs for the Post Event Party.

Overall, all the course distances for the Austin Challenge encompass moderate to difficult terrain with some steep climbs. The long course will ascend a total of 6,000 ft. before finishing back in Dripping Springs.


Do you see that??? “Moderate to difficult terrain with some steep climbs.” ARGGGGGGG I need to get to work. I only have a few months, and I have a lot to do this summer other then training. I must admit though, my back is getting stronger because I’m getting better at pull ups since doing them assisted on the gravitron at the gym. Ha! A strong back does not necessarily help my riding, but I think it would be cool to be able to do a pull up, just one!

This weekend I am going to ride. I will ride in the mornings early before I start working on the walls and getting things sorted in the house, and before watching the Ags kick ass in baseball. Oh, that’s another thing... Texas A&M plays Rice this weekend in a best 2 out of 3 series on their way to the NCAA College World Series. Gig’em Aggies! I will be at all the games wearing my maroon and white. Watch it on ESPN!

Whoop!

No comments: