Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Yet another reason to ride....

I received a bizarre email last week. It was from one of my Mom's former customers, Joy Hild. She was wondering how to get a hold of my mom. I know, seems odd considering she was a regular customer of my mothers and my mother passed away some time ago. I was in some what of a shock reading the email when it first appeared, but rather then responding with the full story in an email, I asked for her phone number and called instead. It was difficult to actually say it out loud that Mom had died. It was even harder to hear her response when she told me that she too was suffering from cancer. The reason she hasn't been able to go to see my mom for over a year is well, no hair from chemotherapy treatments. That can put a hold on frequent visits to the beauty shop and my Mom's superb hair cuts. Joy was looking to have a quick trim of her new hair before having a mastectomy. On the phone I was reminded of the same strength my mom had when she found out she had cancer. Joy sounded sure and confident and ready to face the next step toward getting better and being cancer free! I hope her surgery has gone well, I do believe she said it was supposed to be yesterday. I will give another update on her progress when I have a chance to speak with her again.

LIVESTONG, Joy!! You are yet another reason for me to ride!

No comments: