Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A funny about cycling

Ok, YOUTUBE ROCKS!!!! I have yet another video to share above. This time it’s sort of cycling related. Speaking of cycling, rode with the boys again on Sunday. We did 41 miles out in Chappell Hill, Texas. Man, is it beautiful out there! Vast farms stretching as far as you can see, huge Live Oaks, tons of rolling hills, you cannot beat the beauty of the area. I must remember to take my camera with me this coming week. We are deciding to do the same route next week because it’s so challenging. I think I would have had an easier time with the ride if the first 45 minutes I wasn’t sweating out the wine I consumed the night before. I must behave myself the nights before these sorts of long hilly rides. I felt dreadful at the beginning, but eventually pedaled through the misery! It took me 3 hours 35 minutes to complete this ride. Much, much slower then my usual pace, but I guess it’s to be expected considering the prior nights activities. Average heart rate was about 151 (right on target) and I burned a whopping 2015 calories for the time spent out there. Needless to say, I never feel guilty about what I eat following rides like this one.

Anyway, think the Chappell Hill ride will be a regular training ride for me considering its difficulty. It showed me this weekend that I still need some work, but my goal of 100 miles isn’t out of reach and neither is my goal of $10,000. I’m inching closer and closer thanks to many wonderful contributions from wonderful people. Thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far and to those who have committed to a pledge. Keep ‘em coming.... I really want to try and get to that $10k mark before the end of August!

No comments: