Wednesday, August 1, 2007

oh by the way....

Oh forgot to mention... I have finally reached the halfway mark to my fundraising goal of $10,000! YIPPEE!!! Another big thanks to those of you who have contributed! I only have $4650 left to raise.

Also, I'll be riding with the boys again this sunday. Looks like we have all decided on riding a very hilly 40 mile route starting in Chappel Hill, Texas at 0730! So, if any one is reading this and wants to join, we'll be out there. Be sure to bring plenty of fluids and goodies to replenish those calories being burned.....

I got an update from Joy Hild last week about how she's doing following her surgery. I'm happy to report that she's doing well after having to go and have an additional surgery on July 20th. The first surgery didn't quite get all the cancer, but the second one had great results. She's now in for some more physical therapy as she continues to recover to her normal self. Her doctor has given her a goal to reach in October, just like I have a goal to reach in that month as well. If you're reading this Joy, thank you for the update and kind words. I'll be thinking about you; you are such and inspiration!

No comments: