Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Training update and other bits....

I have had two great evenings of workouts the past couple of days. Also, I have had many people comment to me more and more about the blog itself. So, I thought I would elaborate on both.

First the comments...

I have to say, I have been getting some very positive feedback from those of you who have actually bothered to comment. Thank you thank you thank you. It’s nice to know that my comments and the method by which I’m delivering them are well received. I have by one person been asked for more pictures. To be honest, I’m not quite sure why... but I will do my best to accommodate. I hope that all those who are reading this consistently will help support my effort to raise the $10k. So don’t forget ... donate, donate, donate..... :)

Alright now for the rest, the exercise update. Monday, spin class with Ashley. I have to say that was one of the best spin classes she has come out with. The music was great and the workout itself was an ass kicker! In fact, I think she kicked her own butt because she was breathing just as hard as the rest of us. I maintained average heart rate of 154bpm over 56 minutes, and burned approximately 560 calories. I love those classes... its hard to beat the amount of work you put out in such a short period of time. There’s no bullshit, you get straight to the point! Tuesday was a lifting day. I warmed up with 10 minutes on the elliptical machine, and then did back, shoulders, and biceps. I’m well on my way to being able to do a pull ups without the assistance of the ‘gravitron’. I think if I lost more weight it would help tremendously as well, but that will come in time. My cool down was an easy 5 minute walk on the treadmill.

If you have ever seen the movie Legally Blonde there’s a scene in there where Reese Witherspoon’s character is describing how exercise makes you happy. I love that scene; she says something along the lines of how exercise releases endorphins that make you happy. Amen sister! I always feel good and happy and surprisingly more awake after a good workout. It’s one of the best methods of mental therapy known to man. If only more people would be open to the idea of more exercise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah... The Gravitron.... if only it went above 200 Lb's at the downtown YMCA! Keep up the good work!