Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Training...

I haven't been on my bike since the MS 150 over the weekend of April 21-22. I have seriously slacked! The week of being away visiting my family didn't help either. I ate too much and drink too many beers. Not good for someone that wants to complete a 100 mile ride in the hills around Austin, Tx. The only form of exercise I experienced while away was golf, and frankly that doesn't count when you're riding in a cart. I have to admit, I was pleased with how I played. I gage my performance by they number of balls I lose on the course. For 3 1/2 rounds I lost only 3 balls. That's monumental! I will not admit to my score, but for those of you who know me well and have seen me play... well... you know what my score probably was. Although content with my golfing over the last week, I think the most important thing right now is to concentrate on my cycling and strength training.

Even since I have been back home I haven't even been to the gym. The drive is definitely there, mentally, but the physical part hasn't been. Monday night... sloth, Tuesday night... sloth while shopping for groceries, and well last night wasn't any better even though I did mow the lawn. (I'm not sure you can count that either) This weekend I'm due for a ride. Maybe I'll do an easy 30 or 40 miles on Saturday morning.

I have decided also... that my blog has been very depressing as of the last couple of entries. Too much talking about death, and not enough on keep the hope alive for helping those living with cancer. I need to be more positive in my approach toward this whole task. Also, I need to start hitting the fundraising hard as well. I have a long way to go before reaching the $10000 goal. That's a lot of money to raise.

That's it for now... don't forget to donate!

No comments: